Here are a few tips on best ways to maintain your hair unit
- Unit should always be installed by a professional for best results.
- Always wrap your head with a Du-rag or scarf. Be careful pulling off. Always remove in direction of waves
- Yes, you can have your barber shape up your hair in between unit maintenance visits.
- Yes, you can brush your unit, but try not to brush excessively. Over brushing will cause shedding. Only brush when really needed.
- To reactivate waves, lightly spray unit with water and brush…if necessary add styling foam, brush and tie down with du-rag.
- For units with more hair, make sure to not pull on unit too much to reducing lifting. Do not sleep with wet hair, can cause unit to tangle. Watch excess product buildup, to reduce tangling.
- Yes, the unit can get wet. Nothing will happen but try to avoid drenching your unit. If at beach or pool, make sure to rinse unit to prevent unit drying out.
- Unit can be lightly shampooed with a mild sulfate free shampoo and leave-in conditioner
- Wear a Du-rag or shower cap when showering.
- If unit lifts or loosens up, don't panic. Use a Q-tip to clean area with alcohol lightly. Then apply a small amount of adhesive/glue with a small brush (not too much to avoid having it seep through unit), wait about 3 minutes or til it turns clear and light reattach unit to area. Then tie down and reset with a du-rag.
- You can add hair fibers to the front of your shape up line or to other areas you see fit, then apply a holding spray.
Enjoy your hair unit, no one can detect a great one. Don't worry or mess with it too much. Taking these steps in caring for your unit will keep it looking fresh & crisp longer. We appreciate your business and hope you enjoyed your experience and our product!